1. As Exercise CROCODILE SMILE II progresses, successes are being recorded in 6 Division Area of Responsibility (AOR). Specifically on 13th October 2017, troops of 343 Artillery Regiment carried out a robust patrol within Brass which led to the arrest of 9 suspects who were found to be in possession of substances suspected to be cannabis and 33 wraps of substances suspected to be heroine. Also, troops of 16 Brigade Garrison on routine patrol intercepted a notorious armed robber who was alleged to have fled from the police at Okaka Estate Junction in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.
2. Similarly, on 16th October troops of 16 Brigade Garrison in conjunction with elements of 130 Battalion conducted special operations that led to the arrest of one Mr. Dada at Tombia Round about who is known to be a notorious criminal terrorizing the peace loving people of Tombia and adjoining communities.
Additionally, troops in conjunction with personnel of the DSS raided a criminal hide-out where a notorious cultistist, Mr. Exodus Kismet aka “Hot Bottle” was arrested at Sand Road by Aritalane, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. The suspect has been on the Police wanted list owing to an allegation that he killed some people at Omoku LGA of Rivers State and thereafter relocated to Bayelsa to evade arrest.
3. On 20th October, troops acting on a tip-off from some patriotic citizens, arrested another suspected criminal, one Mr Aibonuwa Thompson aka Bassambri at Etiema community who was alleged to have participated in several kidnappings and sea piracy around Nembe.
4. Between 9:30am-5:00pm on Saturday 21st October, our troops occupied themselves with the relocation of 176 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) among them women and children who have been displaced by crisis from Premabiri community in Bayelsa State since 2015.
5. On 24th October 2017, troops arrested a total of 30 suspected cultists between Ogbolomabiri and Nembe after a shoot-out between rival cult groups in a battle of supremacy. Destruction of identified militants/sea pirates camps and shrines continued along Okparatobo creek in Southern Ijaw LGA where, in one of the camps, one AK-47 Magazine, 8 live rounds of 7.62mm special and one fibre speed boat mounted with a 115 HP engine were recovered while suspects fled on sighting troops approach.
6. All suspects and items recovered have been handed over to relevant security agencies for possible prosecution while the operation continues.
7. You are kindly requested to disseminate this information to the general public for awareness.
8. Thank you for your usual cooperation.